Apr 9, 2009

Good Friday

"Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends." John 15:13

Some Good Friday ramblings...

As we celebrate Good Friday tomorrow and Easter on Sunday, I am so grateful for God's love. My utter selfishness stands in such contrast to his selfless, unconditional love.  Jesus Christ's free gift of love is available to anyone at any time, as he demonstrated when He told the thief on the cross next to him "I tell you the truth, today you will be with me in paradise."

The message translates John 15:13 as "Put your life on the line for your friends."  Am I even willing to put my life on hold for my friends?  I hope so.  I want to be the kind of friend that will abandon my schedule and my plans when a friend is in need.   Something to strive for...

No comments:

Post a Comment