Dec 23, 2009
There's just something about that name
Sunday morning, Kate was in the back of the house with Fred and I was in the kitchen. I could hear him getting ready for church and singing a familiar song, "Jesus, Jesus, Jesus....There's just something about that name..." When he got to the end of the chorus, he said "Kate, your turn." She paused for a moment and then, in a voice that rang out throughout the house, she shouted "Jesus" at the top of her lungs. It was so funny. I just listened to their little duet from the kitchen and laughed. What a beautiful reminder of why we celebrate Christmas. The name of Jesus is an amazing name. Our celebration of his birth, life, death and resurrection should be exuberant. I guess that's why He said, "I tell you the truth, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it." (Luke 18:17)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment