Dec 15, 2010

Making new Christmas memories

I have so many wonderful memories of Christmas with my family growing up.  Although it's hard to be away from our families at Christmas, it is so much fun making new memories with our children.  Here are some of the things so far from this Christmas I'll remember:

  • Making cookies with Kate for the first time.  
  • Hearing her learn Christmas songs that are so familiar to me and so new to her - Jingle Bells, Rudolph, etc.
  • Dora's Christmas adventure.  Somehow, I don't think this one will always be a part of our Christmas tradition, but it's a big part this year!
  • Seeing four stockings on the mantel for the first time.  How did we become a family of four? What a miracle to have John Parker with us this year!
  • Bringing Kate into "big church" for the Christmas musical.  Watching her eyes light up in amazement at the music and decorations. 
  • Kate and John Parker in their Christmas pajamas. 
  • Doing the advent calendar with Kate each morning.  Teaching her what Christmas is really all about.  

No comments:

Post a Comment