Feb 11, 2011

"This night is sparkling, don't you let it go"

This night is sparkling, don't you let it go
I'm wonderstruck, blushing all the way home
I'll spend forever wondering if you knew
I was enchanted to meet you
- Taylor Swift, Enchanted

The night was dark and cold, but the stars were bright. We sat on a terrace looking at the night sky over St. Louis while you held me and we both trembled. Thinking about the possibility of forever love was overwhelming that night. Two planners tried not to plan. We tried to enjoy the now moment and not think ahead. Impossible. Each of the twinkling stars held a promise in my mind’s eye. The promise of a white dress. The promise of rings. The promise of our first place. The promise of a hand to hold. The promise of babies. The promise of a long road together. 

To my Valentine: When I sat on the terrace that beautiful night with you 12 years ago, I never imagined all the wonderful things God had in store for us. 


I love you. For always.

1 comment:

  1. Wow. That was awesome!

    The best to you and Fred and to your next 50 Valentines....

    Lacy

    ReplyDelete